Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Slight Change of Plans

There have been some interesting developments on the trade show front recently. First, one of our shows is on hiatus for the summer. During July and August, Trade Days USA at Texas Motor Speedway will not take place. The show will resume September 26-27. I'm not sure at this point whether we will be participating. There are three other shows scheduled for the same day, and I need to determine which is going to be the best for us.

Also, I have decided, for the time being, not to participate in Trade Days of Waxahachie. I wanted to give it a fair shot, but it is a very new show, and its quite a drive. For the traffic that we saw the last time we were there, it's hard to justify a permanent booth there at this time.

The good news is, through October 17, Grapevine Market will take place every Thursday and Saturday. The Market has actually been going on since mid-April, but we haven't taken advantage of it. I have talked to a number of vendors at the Market, and they all have had success there. The advantage to this is that I know I have a show lined up every week for the next three months!

After mid-October, the holiday show season will be in full swing. I will, of course, continue updating the blog and the website as I book shows. Do you know a can't miss show in your area? What are your favorite things to shop for at an open-air market? Please share!

*SJ*

No comments: