Saturday, July 25, 2009

Lazy Saturday

I've had a great couple of days meeting with friends, hanging out with my husband, and getting some things done around the house. I may be having too much fun hanging out with friends, because I didn't even make it out to Grapevine today!

Thursday night, of course, was the Etsy Fort Worth meeting. After the meeting, my mind was spinning, and I started writing down a bunch of ideas that I had. Some ideas are for our shoppe, and some are for the group. I ended up working so long that I didn't go to sleep until five in the morning! Of course, I think the giant caramel latte that I drank had something to do with that.

Then, Friday night I spent some time at my friend Cass' house. We hadn't seen each other for a few months, so I ended up staying there until 3 am! Still, I swore I was going to get up at 5 and go out to Grapevine Market, just as I've been doing every Saturday.

At 7:45, Jay was finally able to wake me. Obviously, I was just too drained to wake up. I even slept through two alarms! Regardless, I was glad I got to spend the day with him. He was off today, so after we made lunch, we went to the mall and a movie.

The mall was fun. We're not usually mall people, but we were walking around and found an embroidery shop. We stopped to talk to them about getting new shirts done, and they are going to give us some really great prices. We also stopped at the cookie place to get something to drink. The girl behind the counter asked what soy candles were, because Jay was wearing his shirt with our logo on it. We explained to her what we do and why it is different. Then I gave her my card, because she said her mom is a candle "freak."

So even on a day we weren't really "working," we made two contacts. That, plus getting to spend time with my husband were enough to make it a great lazy Saturday.

*SJ*

No comments: