Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And The Winners Are...

Kelly & Shane!

Kelly is the winner of the 16 oz candle, like the one pictured in my profile pic. Shane will receive a bar of soap & some bath salts. I will be contacting each of you by email for your mailing addresses. Thanks to everyone who participated. Stay tuned for the next drawing on July 1.

Now on to the soap I made this afternoon. I *cannot* wait until this soap cures! I tried a new recipe this afternoon, and added some Shea Butter to a small batch. Shea butter is ultra-moisturizing, because it absorbs immediately into the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties, and is said to heal burns, dryness and stretch marks.

I added some orange flower essential oil to the batch, which adds to the luxurious experience of the soap. I intend to call this one "Orange Flower Opulence." I also love that it came out completely white, which enhances the pure goodness of the bar. Here's what this one looks like after it was poured:

I can't wait to try this one! Remember, if there is something you want to see, please leave a comment or email me at sjcandleshoppe@gail.com. You can always follow me on Twitter @TXshoppegirl. Also, look for the grand opening of our website soon: www.sjcandleshoppe.com

*SJ*

No comments: