Friday, August 28, 2009

We're Baaaaaack!

First of all, I want to thank you all for your patience while we sorted out some issues we were having. As some of you know, Jay has a genetic heart condition. For the most part, it is under control with daily medication and common sense (i.e. no marathon running, etc.) On occasion, he will have an unprovoked incident that causes concern, such as what happened a couple of weeks ago. He was unable to catch his breath after a coughing spell. I ended up taking him to the hospital, where they kept him for observation overnight. He is now, thankfully, recovered, and doing well.

At the same time, I was having some medical issues of my own. I have a very unique condition which, when under a great amount of stress, causes my hands to swell. Most times, the swelling is minimal, and, while uncomfortable, I am still able to function. On very rare occasions, the swelling becomes too great to function. Such was the case over the last few weeks. It is predominantly brought on by stress, and I have to assume it was a combination of looking for a job, Jay's troubles, and everyday life that caused this particular flare up.

My condition, which is extremely rare (it affects only about .6% of the population, and how mine manifests itself is even more rare), is under control now, and the really fantastic news is I am starting a new job today! Both Jay and I are still fully committed to SJ Candle Shoppe, but we are not in a position right now for it to be our sole source of income. Thankfully, it has helped get us through this extremely rocky time, and we appreciate our loyal followers!

I will begin updating regularly started immediately, now that things are back to normal. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, our show schedule will probably change now that I have a job. I'll be sure to keep the schedule updated as quickly as possible. Thank you all again for your support. You have really made the last several months more bearable and enjoyable!

*SJ*

No comments: